Pairing your favorite biscuits with cake? What could be better than that? This recipe is simple to prepare and ideal if you're throwing a party. If you have any leftover Oreos, snack on them while baking!
The cookies in these cupcakes don't sink, so they're light and fluffy. And, speaking of cookies, they're stuffed with Oreos. The amount of Oreo cookies in these cupcakes is just right without being overbearing.
Plus, the buttercream frosting is silky smooth and creamy, just like Oreo creme! In terms of appearance and flavor, they're basically Oreos in a cupcake form! They're also quite simple to make and decorate.
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan.
2) Combine flour, caster sugar, crushed Oreos, cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda(baking soda), and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Set aside the flour mixture.
3) In a separate bowl, combine plain yogurt, whole milk, vegetable oil, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence. Whisk together until smooth.
4) Toss in half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Combine the remaining dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to ensure that all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Do not overmix.
5) Fill the muffin tins or muffin cups three-quarters full with the muffin batter.
6) Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
7) Take the cupcakes out of the oven and set them to cool on a cooling rack.
1) You can use greek yogurt, sour cream, or creme fraiche instead of plain yogurt.
2) In place of the egg, you can use applesauce, mashed banana, or flaxseed combined with a little water.
3) If you don't have caster/fine sugar, you can use granulated sugar.
1) Add the butter to a stand mixer and mix for 30 seconds on medium speed, or until light and fluffy.
2) Add the powdered sugar and milk in batches until all of the powdered sugar and milk have been added.
3) Fold in the Oreo crumbs and vanilla extract gently until just incorporated.
Frosting: Using a pastry bag, pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. You can use Ateco tip 844. You don't have to use the same exact piping tip, but you should absolutely use one with a wider aperture since there are cookie crumbs in the frosting.
Garnish:Garnish with half an Oreo biscuit and some Oreo crumbs on top of the cupcakes.
Oreo Muffins without frosting can be kept outside at room temperature for up to 3 days if kept covered and stored in a cool, dry location.
If refrigerating, store cupcakes in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. They will survive 3-4 days if frosted.
If freezing, store in a sealed container without frosting. They have a three-month shelf life. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before storing; if layering, use parchment paper between layers.
Remove them from the freezer and allow them to defrost at room temperature for 3-4 hours before eating. Microwave them for 30 seconds at a time or wrap them in tin foil and bake them for 10-15 minutes in the oven.
You can use soda bicarbonate instead of baking powder by doubling the baking powder to soda ratio.
Vanilla Muffins: If you leave out the cocoa powder and use Golden Oreos, you can easily transform this into a vanilla muffin.
Different Oreo Flavors: You can use any of the hundreds of Oreo Cookie flavors you wish. Make a gorgeous Valentine's Day cupcake with Red Velvet Oreo cookies and red food coloring.
Chocolate Chips: For more creamy vanilla bursts, add white chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips for additional chocolatey pleasure. If you can't make up your mind, go for both!
Cheesecake: Use cheesecake to make Chocolate Oreo Muffins. Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence in a blender and blend until smooth. Fill half of the cupcake liners with chocolate cake batter, then top with cream cheese mixture and cake batter.
Get ready to fall in love with these drool-worthy cupcakes if you're an Oreo fanatic like us. They're the best cookies and cream cupcakes you'll ever have!
These Oreo muffins are quick and easy to make and are guaranteed to be a hit with the kids. It takes only 30 minutes to make these delicious baked goodies. Do you have a party coming up and are stumped as to what to serve? These chocolate muffins are absolutely delicious and perfect for the occasion.
Comments will be approved before showing up.